Lancaster Transitions Program
Munchkins Program Specifics:
Who is eligible: Players who reside in Lancaster or attend Lancaster Public Schools
Fall 2022 Schedule:
Munchkin Schedule: 8 sessions on Sunday Afternoons 1:30 and 1 hour practice Monday-Friday
Location: Mary Rowlandson Elementary (MRE)
Timing: (1) 1 hour game per week consisting of (2) 25 Minute halves. (1) 1 hour practice per week.
Duration: Fall program runs from September to November and spring program runs from April to June
Specifics: Players use a size 3 soccer ball, small goals and set up for games as 3v3
Practices: Each practice session will focus on learning two to three initial soccer skills i.e. dribbling, passing, etc. per session
- To create a positive and fun atmosphere where players can learn and develop at their own pace
- To improve the basic motor skills that are used in soccer: Dribbling, Passing, Kicking, etc.
- To create players that are comfortable with the ball at their feet
- To give each player a positive and successful experience each season
- Players receive a Nashoba United tee shirt.
- Players must wear their team shirt each week.
- Players must wear cleats or sneakers. Soccer cleats are not required, but are recommended
- Shin guards are required and soccer socks must be worn over shin guards so they are not exposed
- First year players will receive a size 3 soccer ball at the first session. Returning players must bring their own. Players must also wear black soccer shorts and bring their own water bottle
- Players are not allowed to wear jewelry, earrings, hats or anything metal in their hair for safety reasons
Parent Coach Volunteers:
- Parent volunteer coaches are essential to successfully run this program
- Parents can sign up to volunteer on their child's AdminSports registration account
- We are looking for a ratio of one coach per five players
- A criminal background check (CORI) will be conducted on all youth coaches per state law