Nashoba United wishes to provide the best experience for all players, parents, coaches and referees. To ensure this we have some recommended etiquette we ask of parents to create the best environment for all.
DO'S & DONT'S
Do join the other parents on the sideline to watch and enjoy the game, we ask you Don't watch from behind either goal line or from the same side as the benches. This allows for the players and coaches to have their own space to focus on the game as well as does not distract the goalies during play.
Do cheer for good play from both teams, in no circumstances should you heckle other players, parents, coaches, or referees.
Do encourage your child and others to have fun and enjoy the game, please Do Not instruct from the sideline, this can greatly take away from the experience for everyone.
We also ask parents to take responsibility of safety for their player and others, please make sure they go to games and practice in the proper attire and to also make sure they do not bring jewelry, wristbands, earrings or anything that could pose a safety issue.
As the parent and/or guardian of the player you are expected to:
- Be encouraging supportive, & affirmative in regard to my child’s play on the field
- Respect officials & accept their decisions
- Support the coach, manager, the team, and the club
- Volunteer my services & talents to the club when possible
- Familiarize myself with the laws of the game
- Comply with rules, policies, & procedures of the team & club as they apply to me
- Discuss my child
- only with the coach
- not with the manager or any other person
- only at a time mutually agreed upon with the coach
- never prior to, during, or directly after a game
Further, I will never:
- Engage in dissent directed toward an official
- Engage in any kind or type of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent
- Interfere at any time with the duties and responsibilities of the coach or manager
- Act in any manner which is detrimental to the team or Nashoba United
I also understand that if I or my players fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, we will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
- Verbal warning by official, head coach, and/or head of the league organization
- Written warning
- Parental/Player game suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by the organizations involved
- Game forfeit through the official or coach
- Parental/Player season suspension
Sportsmanship is part of the game. Let’s all do our part to keep our soccer games fun and safe!